Stem Cell Biology
Stem Cell biology is branch of biology that studies cells that can both self-renew (make more stem cells by cell division) and differentiate into mature, specialized cells such as blood cells, nerve cells, muscle cells, etc. and their therapeutic applications.
- Harvard Stem Cell Institute – A patient-friendly glossary of terminology frequently used in the area of stem cell biology and research.
- Stem Cell Glossary - A glossary provided by the International Society for Stem Cell Research.
- International Stem Cell Registry at UMass Medical School – Includes animation and movies and teaching tools for educators.
- Stem Cell Education Portal – Sponsored by the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, this education portal provides materials about stem cell research.
- NIH Stem Cell Basics - General information about stem cells provided by the National Institutes of Health.
- A Closer Look At Stem Cells - This is an education resource on stem cells provided by the Internationals Society for Stem Cell Research.
- Stem Cells in the Spotlight - This website, authored by Dr. Louis Stark of the Univeristy of Utah, has basic learning material about stem cells. Both videos, and web page text are used for the learning material.
- EuroStemCell: Education - Over 100 stem cell educational resources are catalogued on this website. Navigation is enhanced by limit functions for resource type, themes, and audience. EuroStemCell is a European organization comprised of stem cell and regenerative medicine labs in Europe.
- StemBook - This free online reource is is a collection of peer reviewed chapters on topics related to stem cell biology. Top researchers from Harvard Stem Cell Institute and worldwide have contributed chapters. The book is aimed at stem cell and non-specialist researchers.