Biotechnology is an interdisciplinary field that utilizes living organisms for specific purposes, such as products used in genetic engineering and biorobotics.
- eBID - Biotechnology Interactive Dictionary
- Glossary of Agricultural Biotechnology Terms - This is a brief glossary of terms provided by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Biotechnology-GeneEd- This resource is developed and maintained by the National Library of Medicine and the National Human Genome Institute, NIH. Selected links to biotechnology resources such as articles, animation, tutorials, videos, games and other teacher resources are included.
- University of California Seed Biotechnology Center – Collection of biotechnology online tutorials.
- Biotech Basics - This is a series of online lessons for basic biotechnology concepts provided by the HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology.
- Information Systems for Biotechnology (ISB) - The focus of this resource is agricultural biotechnology. ISB, provided by Virginia Tech, includes documents and searchable databases on the development, testing, and regulatory review of genetically modified plants, animals and microorganisms in the the United States and broader areas.
- Agricultural Biotechnology - Some brief information provided by the USDA.
- Biotechnology Regulatory Service (BRS) - USDA website with information about the regulatory aspects of biotechnology in the United States.
- BiotechU.com - This free online course focuses on the business of biotechnology. The instructor is Yali Friedman, Ph.D., chief editor and publisher of the Journal of Commercial Biotechnology.
- Scitable by Nature Education - This link takes you to the search results for the term "biotechnology" on Scitable, A Collaborative Learning Space for Science, provided by the Nature Publishing Group. Included in the search results are definitions, articles, concept pages, ebooks, images, blog posts, people, and groups.
- Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) – BIO is a biotechnology trade association for academic institutions, industry, and government entities and related organizations in the United States and other nations.