Biochemistry is the study of chemical processes in living organisms.
- University of California Museum of Paleontology - A basic quick reference for some biochemistry terms.
- Biochemistry - This is an online introductory course in biochemistry. It is offered by Carnegie Mellon University through the Open Learning Initiative.
- Biochemistry - This unit, which covers the basics of biochemistry and cell composition, is part of a larger course on Fundamentals of Biology. There is free access to online course material offered by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology through the MITOPENCOURSEWARE initiative.
- Principles of Biochemistry - This online course is an introductory course to biochemistry. Although the status of the course is "currently archived", the course materials including online videos, are freely accessible upon enrollment. The course is offered on the edX platform by HarvardX offered through Harvard University.
- Biochemistry Free for All - This free online book is available as an electronic book or in PDF format. Keven Ahern, Indira Rajagopal, Taralyn Tan. College of Science: Biochemistry and Biophysics, Oregon State University.
- Biochemistry Free & Easy - This free online book is aimed at teaching introductory biochemistry concepts in a multimedia format. Both electronic book and PDF formats are available. Kevin Ahern, Indira Rajagopal. College of Science: Biochemistry and Biophysics, Oregon State University.
- The Biology Project: Biochemistry - This online learning material includes tutorials and interactive quizzes which cover basic biochemistry concepts. This project is part of "The Biology Project" at the University of Arizona.
- Biochemisry in 3-D Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry - This online learning resource provides interactive tutorials to teach biochemistry concepts. The tutorials are designed to accompany the Lehinger Principles of Biochemistry, 3rd edition textbook.
- Medical Biochemistry - This website learning resource provides an introduction to the molecular tools of medicine. Michael W. King, Indiana University School of Medicine.
Video on Protein Synthesis – A 5-minute video tutorial developed by the Lamar Soutter Library at the University of Massachusetts Medical School that explains the role of DNA in protein synthesis, the process of transcription and translation in protein synthesis, and the relevance of NCBI Protein database and NCBI BLAST tool.