Reasons to Cite Data
Citing data encourages the replication of scientific results, improves research standards, and gives proper credit to data producers. Data citation helps to:
- Enable easy reuse and verification of data
- Allow the impact of data to be tracked
- Create a scholarly structure that recognises and rewards data producers
Discussion for data citation
See How to Cite Data for the how to!
- Making your code citable Information provided by GitHub for why and how to make your GitHub repositories of code citable.
- Data Citation Awareness- ANDS Data Citation Guide Guide developed by the Australian National Data Service. Contains suggestions about citing data, in addition to discussing issues surrounding data citation.
- Guide to Data Citation Guide developed by Cornell University's Research Data Management Services Group on why and how to cite data
- Cite Your Data Background information on data citation from DataCite.
- Why and How to Cite Data Information provided by the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR).
- Quick Guide to Data Citation - Provided by the International Association for Social Science Information Services & Technology (iassist).