NLM Resources Update
Explore the latest and greatest from the National Library of Medicine treasure trove of resources! This class focuses on databases such as ClinicalTrials.gov, Drug Information Portal, Genetic Testing Registry and PubMed. Additional databases and resources will be highlighted as time permits. Attendees will participate either in person or through distance learning via discussions/chats, hands-on exercises and surveys/polls. Objectives Increase the participant’s awareness of NLM resources and databases.
Kay Deeney, Education & Outreach Librarian, NN/LM Pacific Southwest Region
At the conclusion of the class, participants will be able to:
- Increase their awareness of NLM resources and databases;
- Describe the function of Clinicaltrials.gov;
- Find trials by searching or browsing Clinicaltrials.gov;
- Explore DailyMed and the NLM Drug Portal to locate drug information;
- Explore Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) to find genetic testing information;
- Become familiar with the NLM Gallery of Mobile Apps and Sites;
- Explore PubMed’s special features such as Shared My NCBI or LinkOut;
- Describe when to use various resources and databases.
MLA CE Credits: 3, 4
Upon successful completion of this class, each participant will receive 3 or 4 hours of continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association.
There are no archived recordings of this class
There are no upcoming classes